Top Tips For Better Ironing
- Wash Smart: Newsflash! Before you even get to the ironing stage, consider reducing your spin cycle; it’ll moderate creases. In addition, make sure you don’t overload your washing machine. This will give your clothes room to breathe (and not crease).
- Dry Smart: If you air dry your garments, place them on hangers while they’re wet, then hang them on the line. It’ll reduce the number of creases and ultimately your ironing time. Last but not least, remember to fold your clothes as you take them off the line instead of throwing them into the washing basket.
- Use an Airer: While dryers tend to trap moisture inside, air-drying introduces moisture into the air, which can speed up the drying process. What’s more when you line dry your clothes you can quite often avoid ironing altogether.
- Using a Dryer? Need a school uniform or other garment dried in a hurry? Throw a dry towel in with the wet item of clothing in the dryer and it will be ready to wear in a flash.
- Get Your Workflow Right: By fine tuning your laundry workflow you could save time and money. From incorporating a pre-sorting hamper through to finding the right airer, Howards have just what you need to lighten your load.
Are you a Howards Inspirations member?
Join in-store or online at howardsinspirations.com.au to enjoy member only offers!
Article updated May 2017
© Copyright Howards Storage World, 2016.