Laundries come in all shapes and sizes; and over the years we’ve conducted a number of great makeovers across a wide range of spaces using a number a seriously great systems.
You see, big, small, walk-through, in-built; whatever space you’re working with, we’ve got shelving ideas that make the most of your designated laundry area and will help to create an easy to use workflow.
To recap; lets take a quick look at our three key shelving systems followed by a closer look at how these work in-situ.
Howards Preferred Shelving Systems
You can’t underestimate the importance of utilising vertical wall space; and to achieve that, a good quality shelving system is key. Our buyers have scoured the globe and stand firm is their recommendation that you simply can’t beat Neata™, Elfa® and Easy Build.
Howards own shelving solution, the Neata Shelving System provides a concise range of quality components at an affordable price that can be customised to suit any storage requirement in the home or office. When it comes to Neata, the Howards team are experts and to make a simple solution even easier, Howards offer a free design, measure and quote service. While the Neata components lists is available online for those creating their own solution, it is advisable that you speak with a representative from your local Howards store regarding the best solution for you prior to purchase.
- It’s simple to install – only the top track attaches to the wall
- It’s suitable for any room of your home
- It can be customised and reconfigured as required
- It’s made from high-grade, epoxy bonded steel
- Available in White or Silver components with timber trims (White, Birch, Black)
- The Neata range comes with a 10-year guarantee
- Affordably priced shelving solution
There are so many reasons to love Elfa. It’s customisable, flexible enough to be used within any room of the house, durable, engineered to last the distance, has a 10 year guarantee, is Swedish designed and made; and it’s just so easy to install and use. The Elfa system simply attaches to the wall with a single top track from which the other components hang. You see, everyone’s needs are different and if you want a system that can evolve with you, a flexible and versatile solution is essential. With Elfa, today’s laundry can be reconfigured to tomorrow’s nursery or office.
- Easy installation – only the top track attaches to the wall
- Ultimate solution right through the home
- Completely flexible and customisable
- Swedish designed and made
- Has a range of mesh and wire accessories available
- The Elfa collection has a 10-year guarantee
Easy-Build is a freestanding solution. It is a simple to assemble, fully adjustable solution with a quality triple-plated chrome finish. The only tools needed for assembly is a rubber mallet and if you’re using a clothes rod; a Philips-head screwdriver. Customers can design their own solution; alternatively our versatile pre-designed easy-build kits are the fastest way to solve your storage challenges. In terms of weight ratings, the average easy-build weight capacity is 70kgs per shelf; what’s more, the easy-build system comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Freestanding system made from triple coated chrome
- Design your own or choose from our predesigned kits
- Versatile right throughout your home or office.
- The Easy-Build collection has a 10-year guarantee
Our Top 5 Laundry Makeovers:
1. The Medium Sized Elfa Laundry Makeover
Our homeowners were in desperate need of a laundry makeover. They’d attempted to rescue their space but were left with a quote unquote ‘DIY half finished disaster’. Howards came to the rescue with a:
- Set of Elfa shelves in white with décor timber trims; which hang from a single top track that additional components can be hung from at a later date.
- Wall mounted ironing board
- Foldaway wall mounted airer
- Collection of organisers and basket-ware for the shelves and existing cupboards.
2. The Neata Laundry Solution
The Howards team deliberated on the laundry, how it can be a daily job; and how an under performing space can derail the fairly ‘simple’ process of doing-the-laundry. With that in mind, we had a close look at what the economical Neata solution could do to streamline your laundry space.
3. Sonia’s Extensive Laundry Makeover
Using a combination of Elfa components, the Howards team helped convert Sonia’s laundry into an amazing space that she is now incredibly proud of. The solutions didn’t just focus on her laundry… we created a supreme solution by adding a family distribution station in the utility room next door…
4. Easy-Build Over Washer Laundry Solution
With the versatility of Easy-Build, you can create almost anything. This Easy-Build unit has been constructed by the Howards team to solve any extra storage shelving needed around the home.
View the solution HERE.
5. LAUNDRY MAKEOVER FOR RENTAL PROPERTY
Here at Howards we love a makeover! For us, the joy is in seeing how a few of our simple solutions can completely transform a space, and as a result, improve the day-to-day functionality of a home. Some time ago we teamed up with My Mummy Daze blogger to overhaul her laundry; challenged by the position of the laundry, the fact that she needed a makeover within a rental property and no existing workflow, the Howards team got to work!
Howards are laundry experts. If you have a problem space that requires our expertise, pop into your local Howards store with the dimensions of your space as well as a photo (if you can!) on your smart phone. Our team can help get your space sorted today.
Are you a Howards Inspirations member?
Join in-store or online at howardsinspirations.com.au to enjoy member only offers!
© Copyright Howards Storage World, 2016.
Accurate as at May 2016.