Roasted Slinky Rosemary Potatoes with Sea Salt
Using your apple slinky, create delicious peeled and slinkied roasted potatoes with rosemary and sea salt to delight the whole family!
View the Christmas Catalogue HERE.
Our guest chef, Roger Barstow enjoys finding ways to encourage kids to cook. This was the inspiration behind this terrific recipe using the old favourite apple slinky machine to create fun and tasty Roasted Rosemary Slinky Potatoes. The Sea Salt on top simply tops it off!
- 1kg Pontiac potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 large sprig of rosemary, stalk removed
- Freshly ground rock salt & black pepper
To achieve the slinky effect, use the Apple Peeler and Corer.
- Use your Apple Peeler and Corer to carefully slinky potatoes.
- Mix oil, butter, garlic & rosemary in bowl
- Dunk potatoes into mixture and get mixture inside potato. Arrange potatoes (slightly pulled out accordion style) on baking tray. Season with salt & pepper
- Bake for 35min at 200C or until golden.
- Serve on a wooden board with aioli or extra sea salt.
- Works best with long even shaped potatoes
- The potato “cores” are also tasty baked
- Kids love using the apple slinky so use this as a way to get them involved in the cooking. Simply set it up for them and let them wind the handle. Make sure you keep their hands away from the slicing blade.
- Make sure the slinky machine is completely dry before you put it away and it will serve you well for years!
Howards Storage World would like to thank Roger Barstow for sharing this wonderful recipe with us.
© Copyright Howards Storage World, 2014.